18.11.06

Women? Pssh

The most complex and beautiful creatures known - women. Just recently I started to get to know a lovely barmaid at a bar I drink at. At first I had no intentions of anything but a simple acquaintance - and my local barmaid, I suppose. Anyway, after weeks and weeks of talking I noticed that she had been spending all her breaks talking to me and making an effort to joke with me over the bar, something she doesn't do with others. I decided one evening to ask her out on a date and she went a little bashful but said she'd love to.

A week later, no date, which was understandable because before I even got flirty with her she told me that she was a very busy person at the minute, being a student at a dance college and doing productions throughout the week for various companies. This is fair enough. The next week I saw her and she said she'd probably have the Wednesday free to come on a date. I didn't hold my breath but I said that'd be great and would wait to hear from her.

Tuesday evening arrives and there was nothing, so I text her just for a little heads up. It's now Saturday and I've still not heard from her.

She apparently said to my cousin that she thought I was a really lovely lad and that she "really really likes me". If this is the case, where's the text message/phone call? I don't want to hear that she was too busy to send me a little text 'cause that's rubbish. Even if she is a busy person, some sort of communication is surely not too much to ask.

I've spoken to many people and they say she is doing one of a number of things, and they are:

Playing hard to get
Is too shy to meet up
Isn't really interested - but then explain the comments from above
Not trying to rush anything in case I'm a typical male who is after just one thing (sex)
...and a hoard of other reasons.

I don't think men are this complicated, there's normally only three options:

We're just after sex
We're after a relationship
We're not interested

None of this hard to get bollocks, most of us aren't too shy to want to meet up and I know a decent guy would get back to the girl to let her know what is going on.

If any females come across this, please send me your feedback!

No comments: