8.10.06

21st Over

I woke up on Saturday morning feeling a little sombre from the mood I was in the day before. I was a little hung-over but I felt unusually better by around lunch time, so I think it was more of an anti-climax that my 21st birthday had ended.

It was a great night though. I started off with 20+ mates in a bar near me. I hadn't planned to get drunk there but it so happens that most of my mates weren't coming to the club we had planned to take a visit after, so they all ended up buying me drinks. By about 10 o'clock I had three pints sitting in front of me waiting to be drunk topped off with a couple of shots of Sambuca and I had to catch a cab by about 10:30!

Before we left though the D.J cut the music in the bar and started singing happy birthday to me, which was incredibly cool - I'm not used to all the attention. Afterwards six of us managed to head outside to make our way over to a club closer to the city. All I can remember from that was flirting with the woman who let us all in and making a joke with the bouncer - incredibly nice fellas actually.

The rest of the evening was highlighted by a D.J freestyling a rap which informed everyone of my 21st, another touching moment, my mates buying me loads of drinks and getting me plastered plus two fine looking promotions girls who were there as part of the WKD rodeo machine. Unfortunately though the evening was cut short when my mates dog died but other than that I loved it.

After that we somehow headed home and all I can remember thereafter is a cold wooden floor that I spent the night on at my cousins.

Very appreciative to all my buddies and family who made it a great day for me. Now to get back to the real world...

1 comment:

Obi said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY from "across the pond"!