4.9.06

Generosity For A Day

I run a Katie Melua forum elsewhere on the internet - so I'll admit that I'm a fan of her music. I'm used to receiving kind gestures from forum goers who appreciated my quick set up of the forum after her official forum was closed through petulant reasons. But today I was offered a gesture that goes beyond kindness.

A forum member offered me a ticket to her concert in December, which I've gratefully accepted. I think it was out of thanks for everything I've done for the fans of Katie. There's many members on the board and over 40,000 posts, which I think is more than the official forum (has now been re-opened).

Anyone interested? I won't be naming the site up here, but a quick search on Wikipedia should bring you to my message board.

I might not be the biggest fan of Katie's latest album, but I'm still fond of her earlier stuff and so can't wait to go to the gig. Should be a blast to meet up with other forum members as well.

No comments: