20.7.06

Don't Get Fired For Blogging

I never really thought enough about this to let it bother me, but apparently people all over the world are being sacked because of their blogs, and even a pseudonym won't help you!

An article at the BBC news website runs through a few people who have recently lost their jobs through blogging, although I think two out of three of those people now have book deals because of their blogs, so it can't be all bad.

But to go tangential to the topic of my post, I've started to wonder why I didn't write a blog back in the day when I was a kitchen fitter and call it "Life of a London Kitchen Fitter". I mean, you hear stories all the time about the 6ft man who entered some womans house to 'fit her kitchen', don't you? Nothing sexual ever happened on my job, although there were a few clients who were absolute stunners, but to write about it surely would have lead me to a book deal like the rest of these average joes?

Bollocks!

No comments: