29.7.06

Youth Scum

At around 10:30 this evening I gave my mother a call whilst I was out at a local bar, turns out there had just been a fight and my parents and neice were in the thick of things.

I ran home with my cousin and mate at top speed (I knew working out would come in handy) to see my parents just standing there. Apparently some yobs were having a fight down the road when one broke away and started breaking the windows in some cars. My mother screamed at him to stop with my father calling the guy a moron and telling him to stop it - that kind of backfired though. The little shite yelled at my Dad and ran off over a park fence. He hurdled back about 10 seconds later with what appeared to be a car battery from an old Jewish settlement near us. He immediately ran toward my Dad with this car battery whilst my Mum both bravely and stupidly put herself infront of my Dad and raised her hand in a "please-don't" style gesture. The guys mate, who was actually rather nice, rugby tackled this idiot whilst my Dad put him in a lock. My Mum then called the Police who showed up nearly an hour later, saying that there wasn't anything they could do - in reality, there's nothing they wanted to do (Government tax well spent aye?)

I don't know whether I was most petrified that my parents had just got in a fight but were safe, or that they could have gotten in a much worse fight and ended up injured, especially with my 15 year old neice present.

Thankfully though, my Dads quick reactions at stopping this prat and the even quicker gathering of my family out the front soon put an end to it all. I joined a few minutes later (after the phone call). In a sick kind of way, it was nice to see my uncle, two cousin, two mates (who are like family), myself and my father all outside in a line with our arms crossed waiting to wave off anymore trouble before the police arrived.

All in an evenings work, but I had to put down a bottle of Corona after only one gulp of it. I'll go back there tomorrow.

No comments: