22.7.06

Football Fever Settling In?

It's around three to four weeks now before the English F.A Premier League campaign kicks off again, and what better way to build up to this with some football fever flying around my estate.

Friday night at around 8.30pm, a few friends and I decided to head over the field for a kick about and to our pleasant surprise, a 55 year old goalkeeper veteran joined us and turned out to be more of a challenge than we had first thought. It was mainly myself and another friend knocking some crosses in to the penalty area to witness some rather funny goals - and the odd shoe doing its rounds for an early space visit!

Saturday morning continued the football vibe as a friend and one of my cousins decided to head to Lakeside Shopping Centre in Thurrock, London. There's an official West Ham United store there and to my joy, had plenty of jerseys in for me to nab. Of course, after witnessing my happiness at finally grabbing hold of a West Ham jersey for the first time in exactly 10 years, my mate and cousin decided to head over to another sports shop to pick up a horrible, in my honest opinion, Arsenal FC jersey. I've never liked the red and white combination.

One of the funny things that happened today though was the ring-sticking-moment my cousin had. We walked into a men-only shop and browsed for a few things. I'm after a rather expensive suit for my newphews Christening next month you see, I'm due to be Godfather so must dress the part. Anywho, my cousin got a little bored and decided to try on some rings, only to find that one of them was a little too tight and got it stuck on his middle finger. In a panic, trying to get it off, he started causing himself a lot of pain, to which he then decided that there was no other option but to buy the ring. Fortunately for him it had come down in price quite a lot, but I'm sure it's something he could do without. For those who are worried about my cousins overall welfare, the ring is now safely off and on a finger that isn't as fat.

Oh also, does anyone remember the London-Gangster film, Snatch? The female behind the counter in the bookies, I can't remember her name. She had short hair and was rather odd looking, but had a typical east London accent. Well, she walked straight past me today. I haven't seen the film in a while, but I do, apparently, have a memory for faces and hers was one I recognised. I've tried searching for a picture of her, but it appears she's only ever been in one film, and that was Snatch.

Stealin' stones and breakin' bones people!

No comments: