21.7.06

We're Being Watched

If you put some thought into it, it's not an odd thing to have someone famous or in the spot light come across your blog. If I were to type something about Scarlett Johanson in my blog, and she one day decided in an incredibly boring state to search for her name on Google, she would, eventually (after a long long trek I mean) come across my blog, especially as blogger.com is owned by Google.

But this was really brought to light from an article by Newsnight Editor, Daniel Pearl, of the BBC. He was basically stating the obvious to many tech heads, but the not so obvious to those out there who think they can write a blog and keep it private between friends and family.

Last year I had another blog on the go via Wordpress. It was a little more personal than this one, with my name and photo being published up on a regular basis. The one thing that got me all exicted about blogging though and really brought my attention to what Daniel mentioned, is that an old old friend managed to track me down to an e-mail address via a search for my name in Google. After browsing for a few pages she came across my name on a website to which she clicked. To her amazement, she saw my photo and a diary of my past year in London and instantly e-mailed me.

And we're now talking a regular basis over MSN Messenger again. Fun stuff!

No comments: